Some people have been asking about our production gear, so here’s a non-comprehensive shortlist of the main gear we are using for shooting LMT.
- 1 x Panasonic AG-HVX200 (solid-state recording camera. For more info, click here)
- 1 x Panasonic AG-HVX201AE (same as HVX200 with slightly better lowlight qualities, reduced noise and wider field of view)
- 2 x 16 GB P2 cards
- 2 x Cokin Mattebox Set (82mm adapter + ND & blue filters)
- 2 x Manfrotto 503HDV tripod
- 1 x Glidecam Camcrane 200 with 360° Remote Head
- 1 x Steadycam
- 1 x Wide angle lens Century Optics 0,6
- 1 x Bebob Foxi HD & Zoe DVXL Full Servo Kit (camera, zoom and focus remote controls)
- 1 x Digital Audio Recorder Zoom H4
- 1 x Stereo Microphone Beyerdynamic MCE 82
- 1 x Directional Shotgun Microphone Rode NTG2
- 1 x Dedolight Basic Explorer Kit
For monitoring the shots, we use a PC laptop with Adobe OnLocation Software.
Even if the gear is important for shooting a movie, what really will make or break your movie at the end of the day is the quality of your script and the talent of your production team and actors. Great movies are shot every day with very affordable cameras. This independent US short movie was shot for almost no budget at all with a consumer modell Canon HV20 which costs about 800.- EUR in your next supermarket.